Saturday, January 28, 2012





ACTORS AS  ARTISTS


Jane Seymour artwork
Jane Seymour artwork

Sylvester Stallone's artwork
Sylvester Stallone's artwork

Tony Curtis artwork
Tony Curtis artwork

TONY CURTIS


...................................

ROD TAYLOR



Rod Taylor's roots are in the fine arts, and even as he found stardom in 
Hollywood, he maintained an artistic outlet in painting and furniture-making.
I was ... not a hippie, not a beatnik -- what are they called -- a bohemian. I went to East Sydney Tech [home of Australia's National Art School] and that's how I got into the business, doing illustrative stuff and ceramic pottery.
I'd listen to these soap operas on the radio, and I said, "I can do that." So I went and did an audition and became the biggest radio actor in Sydney, and that's how it all started.
There's a book ... called "Actors as Artists." You may see some of my work in that.
-- Urban Cinefile, 1997
Indeed, the book contains samples of Taylor's work, including the still life and
 the abstract painting at right. In the book, by Jim McMullan and Dick Gautier, Taylor also
 describes his feelings about his artwork:
To put what you see on paper is the same as funneling what you feel through yourself as a performer. When I am working like hell as an actor, I paint. Acting doesn't suffice. Art doesn't feed me or fill the void when I am not working. If I haven't worked for six months, I can't paint.
Light intrigues me. I experiment all the time. You can't look at one of my paintings and say, "That's a Rod Taylor."
I wouldn't dream of selling my work. I give them to friends, to charities.
-- Actors as Artists, 1992
The charity angle came out after his "Outlaws" TV series ended, when Taylor noted:
I still paint and draw, which was for therapy until recently. I didn't know there was 
any money in it until Barbara [Mrs. Frank] Sinatra sold one of my pen-and-wash
 sketches of a tennis player for $2,500 at a charity auction.
 I thought, "Forget that silly CBS gig. Tennis, anyone?"
-- Toronto Star, April 4, 1987
..............................



Anthony Quinn's art collection featured at Tech museum
Published: Sunday, June 15, 2008


Anthony Quinn, the late actor who seemed to thrive on roles that featured characters with an explosive nature, also was an artist and art collector who saw beauty in depictions that were not always beautiful to all beholders.


PROVIDED BY THE MUSEUM OF TEXAS TECHThis painting is a part of the art collection gathered by Anthony Quinn. A display of 100 pieces from more than 3,000 art objects in a private collection will be on display at the Museum of Texas Tech from June 22 to Nov. 30.
A display of art from his worldwide collection will open June 22 at the Museum of Texas Tech and continue through Nov. 30. It is titled "Anthony Quinn: A Lifetime of Creating and Collecting Art."
"The Quinn art collection draws upon all the emotions," said Gary Edson, executive director of the museum.
"It is a gathering of objects that appealed to the actor's sense of beauty and reason."
Ben Bergenholtz, executive director of the Anthony Quinn Foundation and curator of the exhibit, said 100 works have been chosen from a collection of 3,500 pieces.

Jubilation, Sculpture by Anthony Quinn


Jubilation, Sculpture by Anthony Quinn


Jubilation, Sculpture by Anthony Quinn
Quinn, who was born in 1915 in Chihuahua, Mexico, began collecting art in his late teenage years,




...............................

PIERCE BROSNAN



............................


PETER FALK



.......................

JACK PALANCE


..........................







Sylvester Stallone: 35 Years of Painting



Movie hero Sylvester Stallone has become a fixture at art fairs worldwide, proudly showing examples of his abstract art to an eager public. The hunky Rocky hardman is, alas, not set to make an appearance at the New York art fairs this week, but fear not film fans, as Sly is currently showing 30 works at the Galerie Gmurzynska in St Moritz.


“The Hollywood star uses the Expressionism concept of presenting art in a spontaneous manner without caring about conventional shapes



..............................


Sir Anthony Hopkins, the Artist


................................

Actor Art Review


From Andy Warhol to Jackson Pollock to Jean-Michel Basquiat, there are a lot of great films about artists. Perhaps that’s why so many amazing actors are attracted to taking those roles. Plenty of A-listers would jump at the chance to play a dark and long-suffering complicated character — the general archetype of the artistic personality. It’s no surprise then that so many actors have tried their hand at painting. And most with little success. But judge for yourself:


Self portrait by Johnny Depp


Painting by Johnny Depp


Painting of Marlon Brando by Johnny Depp

................................

RICHARD CHAMBERLAIN 

 
............................

BILLY DEE WILLIAMS
................................

PHYLLIS DILLER

...........................

BUDDY EBSEN 

 
...............................

SALLY KIRKLAND 

........................

MARCEL MARCEAU

..............................

VIGGO MORTENSEN 

.............................

EVE PLUMB




Eve Plumb, actress and artist, has been working in television, movies, and stage since the age of six, and has been painting steadily for over 20 years. Self taught, Plumb has been focusing on still life for her subject matter, painting objects or moments from her everyday life and travels.
“Painting is a creative outlet for me when I’m not acting. It gives me a feeling of control over my creative life. An actor often has to wait for projects to come along, but I can paint any time of the day. I sometimes describe my art as ‘spontaneous still life’. Whenever I see a likely subject, everything stops and I take photographs. This holds the moment in time until I can paint it.”
Ranging in size from 9” x 12” to 30” x 40”, the oils on canvas are of tabletop scenes in everyday life. Fruit, coffee cups, and restaurant scenes are represented in the realist style.
Eve works out of her home and studio in Laguna Beach, California.
Yes, she is best known for her role as “Jan” on “The Brady Bunch".
Eve's work can be purchased directly from the galleries that represent her. Please vist the 'Gallery Representation' page for more information.



 
 
 
 

 
 

..............................

RED SKELTON 


 


..........................

Dennis Hopper


...............................

JANE SEYMOUR




..............................

PHYLLIS DILLER




سعید سیادت   نقش  - حرفهایی در هنر - لوس آنجلس ۱۲/ ۲۸ /۱

No comments:

Post a Comment